CalPERS is committed to protecting your confidential member information and has taken extra steps to ensure your information is protected. To continue the registration process you must review and agree to the CalPERS Security Agreement below. Your future use of this website acknowledges that you have read, understood, and agreed to the Security Agreement Terms and Conditions. These terms and conditions include responsibilities for both CalPERS and for you. Following these guidelines will greatly reduce the risk to your personal information.
Terms & Conditions
Last Revised: September 2018
- CalPERS will use internet security technology to protect your online information, including powerful data encryption, program timeouts, and password authentication.
- Every attempt is made to ensure the information provided is accurate and access is always available. However, CalPERS accepts no responsibility for problems that occur as a result of interruption, inability to access the service for any reason, or user error.
- Submission of your email address is required to create a my|CalPERS account. CalPERS will use your email address and/or phone number(s) on file in your account for CalPERS business purposes only, including notifications of educational events and surveys.
- CalPERS may require you to answer security questions to confirm your identify, such as past addresses, vehicles owned, person's known, and other information that is not easily discoverable if your wallet is lost. Questions are provided by a secure third-party service; your responses are protected with 128-bit encryption.
Your Role in Security
- Protect your personal online "assets" by not revealing your username and password to anyone. CalPERS staff will never ask you for your password.
- Change your password regularly and contact CalPERS if an unauthorized person gets access to your username, password, security questions or answers, or if you discover unauthorized activity.
- Don't walk away from your computer if you are in the middle of a session. Log out and completely shut down your browser first.
- Avoid accessing your account from a public computer such as at a library, hotel, internet cafe, etc.
- These terms and conditions are subject to change. If changed, you will be prompted to review and agree to the latest version the next time you log in.
- When you log in to our secure services on my|CalPERS, you're acknowledging you have read and understand our security policy, and that you are the CalPERS member named on the account.